Finance Manager (part-time)
We are a rapidly growing content marketing agency, based in Scotland, with a fantastic portfolio of well known brands as clients.
We have ambitious plans to scale and we need a competent Finance Manager with the drive and energy that matches our ambitions.
You’ll be reporting directly to director/owner level and you’ll be an integral part of the company's management structure. For the right candidate this opening offers real opportunities to contribute to the day to day management of the company and to influence its decision making processes.
So, are you a good all-rounder that is happy to manage the small amount of day to day transactions as well as more complex tasks?
- Preparation of monthly management accounts on full accrual basis
- Support the Managing Director with timely and accurate financial information.
- Cash Flow management and forecasting
- Contract management, including
- Collects and analyses financial information to support commercial decision making
- Sales ledger / journal control / revenue recognition
- Ensure all statutory requirements are met re. HMRC (VAT, PAYE, P11Ds, Annual Accounts)
- Day to day financial operations within the company including payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
- Banking / reconciliation
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Purchase ledger, general creditor maintenance and payment runs
- Depreciation, fixed assets and other general journals
- Works closely with the Leadership team to improve revenue and margin forecasting, including enhanced pipeline management and analysis.
- Preparing debtor and creditor reports and produce cash flow forecasts on a monthly basis
- Support ad hoc financial information requests as and when required
- 5+years Finance Management experience
- Demonstrable experience of delivering improvements to financial processes, controls, systems, reporting and budgeting
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation within the UK and EU
- System orientated with excellent IT skills (proficiency with Xero and advanced Excel skills)
- Digital Marketing Agency experience desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong Analytical Skills & Commercial Mind-set
This is a part-time position, up to 3 days per week . This role can be carried out remotely for the majority of the time
Salary: £35,000 per annum (pro-rata)
We measure on output rather than face-time, which allows our employees to achieve a good work-life balance and have the space you need to do your best work. We believe in learning and are always looking for new ways to help you grow and develop. We’re a small but close-knit team so you’ll play an active role in our company.
- Learning and development including on the job and external training
- Flexible, remote working with performance reviews based on output rather than office hours
- Mental health EAP scheme
- Work from anywhere policy
- 5.6 weeks annual leave not including bank holidays
- Employees rate our culture 8.4/10